Mary River Farmstay on Air B&B, just 80 minutes drive from the Urangan Harbour in Hervey Bay.
As the name suggests it is on the banks of the Mary River a few km’s west of Gundiah. The accommodation has a self contained unit/cabin a nice walk way from the river. They also let out rooms for larger groups in the ground floor of the homestead, sleeps 7. There is also room along the riverbank for You Camp-self contained camping like RV’s etc. Pets are most welcome.
Activities you can undertake include:
- Fishing for Mary River Cod etc.
- Exploring the bush looking out for native wildlife
- Kayaking on the river
- Be on the lookout for the elusive/shy resident platypus
- interactions with the farm animals, cows, chickens, dogs
- check out the extensive fruit and vegetable gardens
- Thai cooking class with Vassana
- Swimming in the lake or river
- Search the night sky for more stars than you can imagine if you come from the city
- Peace and serenity with wonderful hosts.
Three or more days could easily be spent relaxing or visiting nearby Maryborough with its heritage and military history sites or Hervey Bay with its quiet beaches, great fishing and of course excellent whale watching between July and October.